The 2018 Novi Sad General Assembly of the Conference of European Churches will be held from 31 May – 6 June, Novi Sad, Serbia. The event will be addressing the biblical theme “You shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8) – exploring the topic of justice, witness and hospitality.
Names of speakers at the General Assembly:
- Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II, Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch and All the East
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, Ecumenical Patriarchate
- Bishop Petra Bosse-Huber, Evangelical Church in Germany
- Bishop Irinej of Backa, Serbian Orthodox Church
- Archbishop Dr Antje Jackelén, Church of Sweden
- Mairead McGuinness, First Vice President of the European Parliament
- Dr Meletis Meletiadis, President of the Synod of the Greek Evangelical Churches
- Rev. Luca Negro, President of the Federation of Protestant Churches in Italy
- Metropolitan Porfirije of Zagreb and Ljubljana, Serbian Orthodox Church
- Lisa Schneider, Ecumenical Youth Council in Europe
- Tauri Tölpt, Academic, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Frans Timmermans, First Vice-President of the European Commission
- Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, Church of England
If you register by 2 April we are able to offer room and board in Hotel Park, in Novi Sad, where many of delegates other participants of the General Assembly are staying. You will be invoiced €70 per day for this pleasure.
Should you want to make your arrangements we need your registration by 22 April.
Register for media accreditation here
Please feel free to forward this invitation to other journalists who might be interested.
For more information or media enquiries, please contact:
CEC Communication Coordinator
Tel: +32 2 234 68 42